Thank you for taking the time to visit our website. jdm Estate Agents and other group companies take each individual person’s privacy very seriously and we believe that it should be protected. This policy will advise you how we collect and use the personal information that you provide us with. We respect your privacy, and want to be clear about how we handle information about you.
What information may we collect about you?
We may collect personal data about you in the course of our work. We also collect information when you voluntarily complete customer surveys and provide feedback. Website usage information is collected using cookies.
This may include things like:
- Your contact details.
- Your date of birth.
- Where you work.
- Your wishes and criteria in any transaction you are considering.
- Financial information, for example about your income and capital resources.
Usually we will have received this directly from you. However we may also receive personal data about you from others, such as from the other party to a transaction you are engaged in or from joint agents. Family members also sometimes provide information about each other.
We gather this information to allow us to process your registration, any valuation or viewing bookings you make for a property. The relevant information is then used by us, our agents and sub-contractors to provide any services requested by you and to communicate with you on any matter relating to the provision of the service in general.
We may also use aggregate information and statistics for the purpose of monitoring website usage in order to help us develop the website and our services and may provide such aggregate information to third parties. These statistics will not include information that can be used to identify any individual.
From time to time we may provide your information to our customer service department for research and analysis purposes so that we can monitor and improve the services we provide. We or our agents and sub-contractors may contact you by post, email or telephone to ask you for your feedback and comments on our services.
How will we use the information?
Our use of personal data is subject to data protection law. The primary legal basis for processing your personal data is to provide you with information about our services which are of interest to you. We may also use personal data
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations
- To perform a contract with you or to take steps at your request before entering into a contract
- To fulfil our legitimate interest, we use your personal data in order to deploy and develop our products or services, to improve our risk management and to defend our legal rights.
We may also wish to provide you with information about special features of our website or any other service or products we think may be of interest to you.
We will not share your information for marketing purposes with companies outside our group of companies without your permission.
You may opt out from receiving communications from us at any time. You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes.
Will we share information about you with anyone?
We take your privacy seriously. We only share your data among our group of companies via a secure computer linked system. A full list of our group companies can be found here. We will never sell your personal data to anyone, and we take precautions to keep it secure.
It will sometimes be a normal and necessary part of our work to pass on information to third parties. For example:
- We may pass on information about you to solicitors to help them proceed with a transaction in which you are involved.
- If you are a prospective tenant, we may pass on references about you to the landlord.
- We may inform utility companies of changes in the occupiers of property.
- We may pass on information to maintenance and repair contractors, in respect of property where we have responsibilities.
- We may need to pass on information to those who help collect outstanding accounts.
Software and System Providers including but not limited to:
BriefYourMarket, Reapit Ltd, Safe Data Storage Ltd, Yomdel Ltd
Website Hosts and analytics platform providers including but limited to:
BriefYourMarket, The Property Jungle Ltd, the Nutur Group of companies.
Please note that we will share your information with the NHS should we be required to do so in accordance with the NHS Track and Trace programme.
In addition our practice may be audited or checked by third parties such as our accountants, which may enable them to see some information about you. Such third parties are required to maintain confidentiality in relation to your information.
How we protect your information
All personal data is stored securely in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) (GDPR).
The internet is not a secure medium. We use the most up-to-date technologies to protect the information you give us. We also keep your information confidential. The internal procedures of jdm Estate Agents cover the storage, access and disclosure of your information.
Owing to the global nature of the internet infrastructure, the information you provide may be transferred in transit to countries outside the European Economic Area that do not have similar protections in place regarding your data and its use as set out in this policy. However, we have taken the steps outlined above to try to improve the security of your information.
How long we retain your information
Personal data will only be retained for as long as necessary for the purpose of processing. However, the retention periods can differ based on the purpose the data was provided, the requirements of the business, and the lawful basis for processing.
Within our business activities there are some legal and legitimate interest requirements which apply to the retention of personal data; the maximum retention period is 7 years from the date the transaction concluded.
In the absence of any legal requirements, data is to be deleted when:
- the purpose for which it was provided is no longer valid; or
- the data subject has withdrawn consent; or
- the data is no longer up to date
As a user you have the following rights:
- A right to be informed about our collection and use of personal information;
- A right of access to the personal information we hold about you;
- A right to rectification if any personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete;
- A right to ask us to delete any personal information held about you unless we are obliged to retain the information for other legal reasons;
- A right to restrict or prevent the processing of your personal information;
- A right to data portability (obtaining a copy of your data to re-use with another service or organisation);
- A right to object to the use of your data for particular purposes.
The person responsible for data protection at this organisation and whom you should contact is Elisabeth Howard at email@example.com or you can send a letter to jdm Head Office, Alexandre House, 399 Crofton Road, Locksbottom, BR6 8NL.
All complaints will be handled under our complaints policy which can be found by clicking on this link: compliants document.
If you remain dissatisfied then you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, for UK data protection issues this is:
The Information Commissioners Office (ICO)
Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
How much is your property worth?
We know how stressful and expensive moving home can be and we are here to help your next move go smoothly by providing you with a free, instant conveyancing quote.Get an instant online valuation